Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

clever blog title

An update on the painting that is taking me longer than it should to finish.... After doing the text I decided the background needed more work so I'm painting some layers over that and will have to go back in and re-paint the words. I like how the fade is coming along though from left to right. I also started the background on another canvas tonight that will be part of a diptych that I am pretty excited about. These new works involve fairly plain backgrounds and pretty bold, isolated text, which is new for me but I am enjoying the challenge. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I like how the outline of the text fades down, it looks good!! Are you going to make the background more teal?

Superbadfriend said...

Love this. Can't wait to see the final. Are you posting it for sale when you are finished?

Katie said...

hey Jess! Yes I will have this for sale when it's completed! it's getting there...