Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bedroom Painting Ideas

So here I am on a Sunday night looking at paint samples and trying to decide what color to paint my room. This has led to me saving some ideas when I come across them (I love Evernote!) and also thinking about what else I can do to refresh my room. I use to move around a lot and it took me awhile of living in Chicago to realize I don't HAVE to move every year or less than a year. I like to make an apartment cozy and I love to nest but there is always a part of me that doesn't go all out because I'm not sure when I'll be taking it down again but I want to do a few new things to my room where I live now. 


I've taped some paint samples up on my wall so I can look at them for a few days to decide what color I like best. I'm leaning towards a muted green/mint color, something relaxing for sure. Once I choose a paint color I want to pick out some fabric to make curtains...and oh, I guess I should learn how to sew curtains too! 

Anyone working on any fun house/apartment decorating projects? I would love to hear about it! 



1 comment:

Reed Suder said...

If you want to make your room relaxing, try to paint your room with cool shades of green or blue. These two are two of the most relaxing colors. Don’t use dark colors because it’ll make the room feel gloomy. For the curtains, try going with light or pastel colors. You can add a little dark shade here and there, but not the really dark ones. ->-Reed Suder