Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

A Year in Review

Well here we are... it's January 3rd and I'm getting around to writing a bit about 2013. I'm sitting on my couch with a million layers of clothes on while it feels like 3 degrees outside, drinking tea to warm up, and thinking about life while some paint on a commission dries. I've been reading a lot of year end round up posts on all sorts of subjects and realizing I had a pretty darn good year. There were ups and downs like always but I feel like it was more positive than anything. 

In my personal life I had a hard time being separated from my ex, but we kept the lines of communication open and worked on some things and got back together in September. I have been over the moon happy and feel so lucky to have met someone who I belong with and love more than words can say. Blech, sappy stuff! Ok that's over. I also traveled to Vegas twice in 2013 and visited some friends in Charlotte and had a blast. I also went on a long weekend road trip to Indiana for Thanksgiving. I love Chicago, but also love getting out of city life for a bit. 

As far as my art goes I am still struggling with the thoughts of "what's the point, who cares about what I make" immediately followed by "I love making and creating, I can't picture myself stopping". I also have an amazing support group of friends who give me advice on what I make and are there for me when I'm feeling down. I turned 30 in July and I guess I thought things would be a little different by now, but I am happy where I am at. I've had a few commissions recently and this past year I showed at Argo Tea (it's still up!), the Paper Moon Pastry Market, the Big City Bumpkin open studio, and the West Town Art Walk. I got accepted to a gallery show in Vegas for Spring and am part of a show next month at a local Logan Square business. I am very happy with the pace of things lately! With a full time job I have been feeling a little overwhelmed, but also know when to realize I need a break and to not be so hard on myself. 

Whew, ok, I think that's all for now. Thanks for reading! Here are some photos from the past year. 



No comments: