Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Currently Reading


My birthday, Pitchfork, company in town this week/weekend, work....needless to say, I haven't been in the studio making anything recently. I have been reading a bunch though! I've also been thinking a lot about the future and where I want my life/art to go. Lots and lots of thinking right now, probably to a fault.

Currently Reading:

I'm almost done with Creative Block by Danielle Krysa (aka the Jealous Curator). I always love to read about other artists and how they work and are inspired. I want to try pretty much all the creative prompts too.
 

This is a HUGE inspiration to me right now. Living and Sustaining a Creative Life: Essays by 40 Working Artists is a personal look in to the lives of artists and how they make a living. So many have kept day jobs over the years to support their art, and some are lucky enough to do art full time. Since I work alone mostly and don't have a lot of close artist friends, I enjoy reading about the lives of everyone in this book.
 

I don't know how I haven't read this before, but I just started this last night and it's amazing (of course).


No comments: